Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday

Today we (Kali and I) went to The Sligo Champion for a little assignment from our favorite editor ever :)

We went out to O'Connell Street to conduct a vox pop, or a "man on the street" as I have known to call them. We met quite a few people who wanted to talk but did not want their picture taken. We also had quite a few people who just rejected us (which is something I was used to having done this before, but I don't think Kali was.. but she got used to it pretty quickly!). 

After working for a few hours, we finally toured the inside of the Lissadell House. It was very very beautiful, but I was very upset by the random Tropicana box thrown in the historic fireplace and the addition of the pictures of the new owners' kids. 

The last place we went was what I like to call MY FAVORITE PLACE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. We drove to Glencar Waterfall (I now only drink Pure Glencar water because of it) but before we got to the waterfall, we stopped to view Ben Bulben. 

Now, I don't know what it is about us and the sun, but we seriously could not have asked for better weather to view Ben Bulben. Over Knocknarea, over the Tower Bridge, over Salzburg, over EVERYTHING, this is the most beautiful view I have ever seen in my entire life.  It was so beautiful and so vast that it just seemed fake. I wanted to stay in that moment forever and never leave the side of that mountain. 

I did find this little baby house on the side of the mountain that I am going to buy in a few years. It's very cute. It is a little round cottage and it looks like a little cottage from a fairy tale. I am going to marry Simon (the bartender from Hargadon Pub), buy that cottage and have a huge farm with lashings of sheep! And we will go to the Glencar Waterfall whenever we want because when the sun hits that area just right, I feel like I am truly living in a dream world of sorts.

The walk up to the waterfall was wonderful. The most vibrant green grass and beautiful flowing trees led up to this gorgeous waterfall. Now, I know I am a huge fan of waterfalls, and I do not know how one can be more beautiful than the other (unless you're talking about a huge set of waterfalls like Niagara Falls), but the area around Glencar in both County Sligo and County Leitrim is what makes this waterfall my favorite waterfall :)

I wishwishwish I could post pictures of my favorite place in the world, but 1) my camera died before I could take any pictures, and 2) I CAN'T POST PICTURES ON BLOGGER.

Boo :(

Today = best editor and best view in all of Ireland. I love it.

No comments: