Thursday, July 10, 2008

And I was Thursday's child

So.. I didn't get to write a post on Wednesday, but yesterday we went to work for Seamus again. This time we actually were involved with a story about the Meals on Wheels program through the Sligo Social Services office. 

We went to the Meals on Wheels office and watched the cooks prepare meals for the elderly and disabled. Then, we headed off on a meal route with Pat and Brian, two volunteers. They are the sweetest people on Earth (even though I say that about everyone here in Sligo) and we got to talk to the best people ever. 

Ted Gallagher is by far my favorite meal recipient.. Despite all of his problems, he is still as charming and positive as if he had no problems in his life. He's very inspirational.. as are Pat and Brian.

After work, Kali and I went shopping and had a glass of wine at this adorable little restaurant. It was very chic and very French and I completely loved it. I wish I could work for The Sligo Champion for the rest of my life and just go to Tobergal's every day after work.

When we got back to St. Angela's, we got ready to go out on the town again. It was the best night of my life.. We met so many of the same people that we interviewed for our vox pop and we made so many friends that I felt like a local. It was amazing. 

Oh, and I saw Simon again :)

This one kid that we interviewed, Shane, said that when Kali and I first approached him, he was thinking, "What are a bunch of Americans doing working for The Sligo Champion?" 

Haha.. I thought that was funny :)

Today we did not do much.. we just worked a bit on our story, visited the Meals on Wheels programme again, and then packed up for Galway and Dublin! Woop!

No comments: